This delicious porridge is perfect to start the day. That’s a healthy energetic breakfast full of nutrients which are going to bring you the energy you need for the entire morning. In winter, it is going to bring you warmth and comfort.
The millet is a gluten free whole grain very rich in fiber and protein. Rich in iron, it also helps to balance the level of sugar in blood. It is highly recommended for people with diabetes and iron-deficiency. The millet is beneficial for several organs like the spleen, stomach and pancreas.
It’s a very easy and quick recipe to prepare for a healthy breakfast. Gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free, suitable for vegan.
- 1 cup millet
- 2 1/2 water
- 150 ml plant-based milk
- Topping of your choice: rice syrup (maple or agave syrup), pumpkins and sunflower seeds, raisins, dates, coconut powder, nuts, fresh fruits,…
- Rince the millet in water until the water becomes transparent
- Once it is clean and strained, put it in a pot with the water and bring up to the boil and then cook for 15 or 20 minutes on low heat (no worry if it is overcooked since we are going to make a porridge out of it)
- Once cooked, add the plant-based milk and blend in a blender or food processor until you get a creamy texture
- Serve it warm with your favourite topping
Tip: I recommend you to cook the millet for a few days to save some time in the morning. The whole grain can be kept in the fridge for a few days in a closed container.