A cheese to spread on bread or use as a dip. This recipe is very simple to prepare and does not require many ingredients.
The vegan cheese is made with a plant-based yoghurt and is a very good alternative to the traditional fresh cheese. The second key ingredient of this recipe is the nutritional yeast, which brings the taste of the cheese. In addition to its delicious flavor, this gluten-free yeast has many health benefits. It is rich in vitamin B and especially B12 (recommended for vegetarians and vegans). It also provides high quality proteins and improves the immune system.
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Dairy-free, gluten-free recipe, suitable for vegan.
- 400 gr soy yogurt
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or 1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped
- finely chopped herbs: thyme, rosemary, parsley, chives,…
- 1 tbsp onion powder or ½ finely chopped shallot
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pour the yoghurt in a sieve or a cheesecloth placed in a bowl overnight to drain the liquid part of the yoghurt.
- Empty the bowl of its liquid and put the part that remained in the sieve.
- Mince the garlic, shallot and herbs and add them to the yoghurt. Add the nutritional yeast, oil, lemon juice, vinegar and mix.
- Let stand in the fridge for 4 hours before eating.